I used a fabric given to me by Claire last year. I had used part of it to make a maxi dress, and there was not much of it left. So I just squeezed this dress out of it.
The dress has sleeves, but I made mine sleeveless because I did not have enough fabric. When I make this dress again, which will be pretty soon, I shall make one with sleeves.
I made a size 14, which was not really necessary as I had to take it in at the waist after I made it. When I make it next, I will make a size 12, as I think that might fit me better.
There is not much to say about this dress, as making it was quite uneventful. It sews up really fast too. It calls for a lining, but I did not line it. For the armholes, I simply turned them in, and did a narrow hem. Job done.
I made it on Friday night when Noah went to bed, and wore it on Saturday for my alumni meeting. So, it is a really nice project when you want a new dress without spending days on it. My friends really liked it, and I got many compliments. Knit is the way forward for me I think, as it manages to hide my more unflattering lumps. I did wear Spanx though, to reign in those disobedient folds.
I want to make more dresses using this pattern, as I think it is a great wardrobe builder. I will mostly be wearing it to work, so I will make some with sleeves, and some without.